|Family Resources for the Cookie Program
What is the Cookie Program?
The Girl Scout Cookie Program enables girls to learn life skills and realize their goals all while having fun! Customers get a great product and the opportunity to support girls in their community. The proceeds support troop/group treasuries, help girls fund their Girl Scout experience and provide important revenue that is used by the Council to support quality programs for over 43,000 girls in Connecticut.
Girls start taking orders January 4, and cookies are delivered to troops in early March. Cookie Booth Sales are held March 1 through 31. All cookies are $4 a box. Find out about the different cookie flavors!
Girls will receive recognitions based on their total sales (or Junior, Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador troops, can choose to earn a higher percent of proceeds instead of receiving incentives.)
This year's theme is I'll show you HOW! As part of the Girl Scout Cookie Program, girls learn five essential skills including:
- Goal Setting
- Decision Making
- Money Management
- People Skills
- Business Ethics
How can I help?
• Review with your girl the information she receives from her leader, including the Family Newsletter and the ordering information for cookies.
• Help your girl develop her customer list.
• Accompany your girl when she is taking orders, delivering cookies, and offer to help at her booth sale.
• Remind your girl to offer Cookies for Heroes to her customers when she is taking orders.
• If your Girl Scout is 13 or older will be marketing online, read and sign the Internet Safety Pledge.
• Supervise her as she visits the Cookie Club site to send emails to friends and family. (Don't know your login information? Contact your Troop Cookie Manager or Leader.)
• Remind your girl of important deadlines for the program.
• Congratulate your girl on doing a great job in the Cookie Program!
Share your love of cookies with Gift of Caring!
Cookies For Heroes is the Council’s Gift of Caring service project that gives customers the opportunity to support Girl Scouting and our military personnel. Customers purchase Girl Scout cookies from their local troop and the cookies are delivered by our partners to military personnel. The girl will collect the money, and Girl Scouts of
Connecticut will ensure the cookies are sent to women and men serving
our country. You can also write a message to be sent with the cookies, or post your own hero the the Wall of Heroes on CookiesForHeroes.com
Troops may know of a local organization that they would like to support through cookie donations. Customers are asked if they would like to purchase cookies that will be given to the troop’s Gift of Caring organization. Girls will bring actual boxes from the troop’s inventory to the local organization.
Free Cookie Locator App!
Download the free Cookie Locator app from Little Brownie Bakers to find cookies near you. You can also discover your cookie personality. Visit the Little Brownie app site for more information.
For more information about the Cookie Program please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 922-2770 ext. 3350.