After girls have participated in a GSOFCT Gold Award Webinar, and are ready to begin Gold, they set up their profile in the Go Gold Portal - your online connection for working on your Gold Award! Some things to remember when setting up your online portal (thank you to the girls who have made these suggestions):
- Check out the Highest Awards "At a Glance" to help you get started.
- Use the Gold Award Checklist as you move through the
Gold Award Process.
- It is best to use either Chrome or Firefox as your browser when using the portal.
- Choose an easy to remember password. If you ever need to reset your password TYPE the provided password rather than copying and pasting it into the box.
- Be sure to select Connecticut as your state where requested. Otherwise your profile will end up associated with Alaska.
- Remember to select “autosave”.
- When submitting your Draft Proposal, write “DRAFT” before your project’s title.
After speaking with your Mentor remember to remove “DRAFT: from your proposal title and attach a PDF of your Letter of Endorsement
Gold Award Webinars
The webinar is free and usually runs the second Tuesday of every month and/or on a weekend day. Individual participation in the webinar is require for girls who are ready to begin the Gold Award process. However, it can also act as a great resource to leaders, parents, and girls who want to learn more. Any girl/adult can register and attend the Gold Award webinar to learn more!
- Viewing for information? Girls and/or adults attending the webinar for information may register individually or gather together as a group around one computer.
- Viewing for mandatory credit? Girls taking the webinar for mandatory credit must participate individually and register with their own email address that they will use during the Gold Award process. To receive the mandatory credit, the girl must be logged in by start time and all poll questions must be answered. Within three months of attending the webinar, a girl’s DRAFT Gold Award Proposal must be submitted through the online portal.
To participate, click the link below to register with GoToWebinar for the webinar that fits your schedule. Log on about 10 minutes beforehand to check your connection and so that we may begin on time.