Bridge Over Connecticut
Join us for our 2nd annual statewide bridging event!
**This event has been postponed to August 29, 2020**
oin Girl Scouts, families, and friends as we celebrate Girl Scouts who are bridging to a higher level of Girl Scouting. Whether you are bridging and taking the celebratory walk over the Connecticut River, want to cheer on your Girl Scout, or are looking for a fun morning, sign up for this free event!
Co-sponsored by the Connecticut Science Center, Girl Scouts of Connecticut fills Mortensen Riverfront Plaza, and the Plaza around the Connecticut Science Center. Our Program Partners, volunteers and staff will offer numerous stations with hands on activities representing the 4 pillars: outdoors, STEM, life skills, and entrepreneurship . The Stage will be full with a Girl Scout Talent Showcase, a “Through the Decades” fashion show, DJ, interactive self-defense demonstrations, and more!
We’re looking for dancers, singers, musicians, martial artists, gymnasts, comedians, and other talented people to participate in our Bridge Over Connecticut Talent Show. Take the stage solo or perform with your Girl Scout troop!
To be considered, all you need to do is send us a video of your talent.
- Submissions do not have to be Girl Scout related
- Your act must be no more than 4 minutes long
- Submit your video by March 20, 2020 to TalentshowbridgeoverCT@hotmail.com. If the file is too large we suggest using Dropbox or sending a private YouTube account link.
- Each submission must include an adult contact email, a short description of the performance, all participant names, troop number, and your town or service unit you belong to.
- Selected performers will be announced by March 30, 2020 via email. A confirmation response is needed from the adult or leader within 72 hours after receiving the email accepting their participation in the talent show.
- Chosen participants must be willing to come to Hartford once for a stage rehearsal on Sunday April 19, 2020.
When choosing clothing for this show, you must keep in mind that this event is a representation of Girl Scouts, and is in a public open space. The stage area is a raised concrete area which may not be safe for some types of acts. Contact the Bridge Over CT Stage committee if you have any other questions or need more information.